Saturday, February 9

DIY Roman Shades

2. Simple panel curtains turned into roman shades!

This next project was really one of the first we did here. I have 3 large windows that let in SO much sunlight around 2pm that we really needed to solve the issue. I know roman shades can be quite expensive, and I had 4 panels of striped curtains from our old apartment that we got with wedding money....so why not reuse them?
I decided to make the printed fabric into roman shades.. originally my idea was to do the whole pinterest "roman shades out of cheap walmart blinds" thing, but my mother suggested we do it the real way, and I have to admit, I think she was right :)


 I also kept our long brown IKEA curtains which weren't quite long enough for these windows. I added a small panel of gold to the bottom which was from pieces of cheap curtains from Walmart.



The kitchen window also has the roman shade, but instead of doing it the real way, I thought tying it up with jute would look a little better.


I really like the informality of it... the nice thing is if I want it raised, I just have to adjust the knot!


total project cost: $30 for the roman shade kits

No comments:

Post a Comment